I am Mary will be out in time for a Christmas study.
This latest book in the With Faith Like Hers Bible study series, looks at the character and circumstances of Jesus’ mother to see what we modern women (and men) can learn from the woman God chose for his own mother.
Mary teaches us loads of great lessons, but here are three of my favorites:
1. After the angel told Mary she would give birth to the Messiah by miraculous means, she asked how that would happen. The angel explained (sort of) and then assured her:
“No word from God will ever fail.” (Luke 1:37)
God’s word will never fail. We can count on God to do what He says He will do. We can trust Him. Always.
2. The Magnificat, also called “Mary’s Song,” lists the ways Mary praises God for her circumstances.
“My soul glorifies the Lord
and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior,
for he has been mindful
of the humble state of his servant.
From now on all generations will call me blessed,
for the Mighty One has done great things for me—
holy is his name” (Luke 1:46-49).
Here are a few of the lessons in Mary’s Song:
- My soul glorifies the Lord
- My spirit rejoices in God
- God has been mindful of me
- I am humble before Him
- I am blessed
- God has done great things for me
- God is holy.
3. My favorite and the most powerful lesson I have learned from Mary is one we should always and in every circumstance take completely out of context and apply:
“Do whatever Jesus tells you” (John 2:5).
John 2:5 pretty much sums up the entire Bible and everything God desires for our lives.
Stay tuned for information on the release of I am Mary in November.